Monday, November 29, 2010

Bring in Berbatov!











Ms.Wong once told us in our first year that nearing your exam you’ll face a lot of troubles to study. Not because you do not want to but the circumstances forced you not to. That’s exactly what happened each and every paper of us for the next 3 years, and now we are all facing the final year never changed even a bit. Last Saturday when I was about to start to study for my Professional Practise(PP) and Evidence midterm Manchester United(MU) decided to play their best game so far in this season. I’ve been missing a lot of their games lately especially since the new season, but the weekends that I spent at home I tried to catch them and last weekend was the night for Dimitar Berbatov. When the critics trashed him by saying it might be his last season with the Red Devils due to his bad performance last season he scored 5 goals against Blackburn (7-1 for us) none of striker from EPL can beat that, not in this season but last season we saw how Jermain Defoe of Tottenham scored the same against Wigan Athletic when they won 9-1. The Bulgarian contributed to a record breaking Saturday for MU after such a long gap in the Barclays Premiere League. Berbatov became only the fourth player to scored five goals in a match, joining a very exclusive club, Premier League legend Alan Shearer did it in Newcastle's 8-0 victory against Sheffield Wednesday in November 1999 and Andy Cole also managed it for United against Ipswich Town in a memorable 9-0 triumph in March 1995. I never know about the 9-0 victory until Saiful told me. That night Nani, Rooney and Ji-Sung played their best game as well as most of the chances given to Berbatov initiated by their amazing moves from the middle field. What excites me the most is that a day after we won, Chelsea maintained their consistency by draw 1-1 against Newcastle United and we are once again on the top of the league. With such a little difference, the 3 teams behind us will not give up to try their hands on the cup for season 2010/2011. If we could retain the same team spirit and constancy our place to UEFA is already secured.


Serve us right!Couple of days after the victorious night,West Ham humiliated our young guns with 4-0 in the Caring Cup round.Darn it!The time we'll have to play against Liverpool for FA Cup in January I really do hope Fergie will put the best out there.


At the end of the night, the books had to give up to the great football game that I could never say NO too.


A RED Monday it is:)

No comments: