According to our parents and every adults who have kids, they know best.Especially when it involving us, our decision in life, our choice of friends or partners, the way we dress and the list goes on. I won't argue with that but seriously if they keep saying they know everything when can we do our own mistakes and start learn from them? They can't keep they eyes on us forever right? Nor can they protect us from this evil world, but why does it seems like parents feel like they have the power and absolute control of our life. Things like this make me more not to ever have child because I believe everyone should have their own say of how they want their life to be. Yes, of course parents should guide when child starts to astray and things like this but sometimes I wish parents in Malaysia, or maybe Asian should try to let loose and trust their children a bit more.
Most of the time yes they will say to you that,'You think what's the best for your future and we'll support you no matter what' but once you made a decision they'll use this method called psychological reverse (like my mother) and make you question your own judgement, indirectly force you to change your mind and follow what they actually wanted you to do. It is our responsibility to make sure they are happy after all this years taking such great care of us but don't you think that's like more to emotional blackmailing people by reminding them what have you done and how they should pay you back? I'm just saying because as a 23 years old lady who's starting to sketch my journey of adulthood I don't think I've given a due that I deserved.
I wish I could practise my pupillage at either Adam Bachek & Associates or Dennis Nik & Wong but my parents are too worried and concern about my safety so I decided to accept the offer from the firm near my house. Its a great firm, they provided everything that I could ever wish for plus it was suggested by a lawyer that I trusted . I pray this coming 9 months I will learn as much as I could and pass with enough knowledge that could help me as a young lawyer. At the end of the day I wish whoever choice I'm taking I'll end up well and be able to make them proud of me 1 day soon.Amin.
This entry is inspired by a question that been lingering in my mind since people keep saying 'parents know best'. But do they?
Most of the time yes they will say to you that,'You think what's the best for your future and we'll support you no matter what' but once you made a decision they'll use this method called psychological reverse (like my mother) and make you question your own judgement, indirectly force you to change your mind and follow what they actually wanted you to do. It is our responsibility to make sure they are happy after all this years taking such great care of us but don't you think that's like more to emotional blackmailing people by reminding them what have you done and how they should pay you back? I'm just saying because as a 23 years old lady who's starting to sketch my journey of adulthood I don't think I've given a due that I deserved.
I wish I could practise my pupillage at either Adam Bachek & Associates or Dennis Nik & Wong but my parents are too worried and concern about my safety so I decided to accept the offer from the firm near my house. Its a great firm, they provided everything that I could ever wish for plus it was suggested by a lawyer that I trusted . I pray this coming 9 months I will learn as much as I could and pass with enough knowledge that could help me as a young lawyer. At the end of the day I wish whoever choice I'm taking I'll end up well and be able to make them proud of me 1 day soon.Amin.
This entry is inspired by a question that been lingering in my mind since people keep saying 'parents know best'. But do they?
I have the BEST parents any girl could asked for!


No comments:
Post a Comment