Thursday, June 30, 2011

Socrates & Crito

These 2 names have been lingering in our life,our lips, conquered our lunch conversation topic quite a while now. Being a final year student I never thought our life would be this 'serious', meaning no (no would be exaggerating, I would say cut down 70% from before) more hot stories, gossiping, etc but end up having sort of intelligently boring but interesting talks like this. I can never understand Jurisprudence, but that's the best part of it. The more you try to understand the more you will failed, the beauty of learning about these philosophers is mainly to combine or compare what are your thoughts, criticism, comparison with theirs'. Doesn't necessarily you have to agree with them all the time, most of the time I kinda disagree with them for obvious reason like they lived in the totally different era so the way they handle issues were quite LAME I must say but hey we were not in their shoes plus excuse me they are dead like hundred years ago and we still talk about them. Literally worshiping their ideologies ok, can we be that? NEVER! So yeah, in a way they are cool to be the first in their time to came out with such ideologies where no laymen at that time would even though of.


Its so funny to think about when during our lunch time we actually discuss about why would Socrates reject his bestfriend who is Crito's plan in escaping from the prison, why is that their conversation sounds so gay-ish (like seriously,you have to read the whole play.Damn interesting.) and add to our already pathetic life, we now spend our time on youtube no more to watch Korean online drama, Shah Rukh Khan's latest interview, Harimau Malaya latest football match,etc but in a way we were forced by Dr.M-Z to watch the videos about Socrates by a man named Stefbot. There are 6 parts of them, 6 excruciating parts!And all this while people thought I'm emo, hello this guy actually cried when he's telling his views about Socrates's stands ok.Over attached I would say.2 hours of each lecture might killed you at the end of the day if you refuse to listen carefully, because underneath each stories there are superb quotes by these philosophers and I'm glad the presentation just now ended with a satisfied approval and a happy face by Dr.M-Z who is really hard to pleased. I end my Jurisprudence's saga with my favourite quote so far;


'People must find a place in their heart to forgive those who do evil to them' - Socrates-



Socrates & Crito rocks man!

No comments: