Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kitne door kitne paas............

Poetry can startle you, awaken you, make you fall in love, take your breath away. When those words sink in, you'll never look at your life or your journey the same way again. Especially when it comes to Urdu or Hindi poems, purely lovely in its own language. Translations won't captured the essence of its beauty but still to spread the love you need to let people know what it means. Thanks alot Atif for sharing, I must say most great poetry I know and love their works are from Pakistan.



To kia hua (It matters not)

The evening's the same,
But you're not here,
Now this journey,
Halfheartedly.
Must be made,
Must be continued,
It matters not,
That you have gone,
Far..................
From me,
Far..................
Having broken my heart,
Far.................


To someone else,
Yo now belong,
Your happiness is what I pray for,
For your sake, things turned out well,
It matters not, that you have gone,
Far..................
From me,
Far..................
Having broken my heart,
Far.................

I have not being defeated,
Why?From me,
Why?Broken my heart,
The evening's the same,
But you're not here,
Now this journey,
Halfheartedly.
Must be made,
Must be continued,
It matters not,
That you have gone,
Far..................
From me,
Far..................
Having broken my heart,
Far.................


It matters not,
That you have gone.




I wish I could be friends with you, but every time I hear your name, I still feel a little something that I can't let go of.

No comments: