
Happy 53rd birthday ma, pray that you will always happy having us by your side and healthy so that you can continue being the best cook in the whole wide world and loved by us for the rest of your life, Amin. Love you.
I think this is my first time away from home on my mom’s birthday. When I’m deprived of home’s TLC I’m a bit emotional for all the wrong reasons, even the tinny ones. Melaka has been great to me, my friends here are like my extended family for the past 4-5 years but nothing can beat the love and nags (sorry ma) you got from your own mother. My Mama and I have completely different mind and personalities, and that even the least to say. Not just the look (stop it people, I WASN’T adopted!) but we are like chalk and cheese in most of the things like she’s kind a soft spoken while I’m pretty loud but we both love to talk, she’s this typical great woman who does all the feminine stuff while I’m not but we both have eyes for handbags, she doesn’t like certain things that I do because they are a bit ‘inappropriate’ from a mother’s perspective for their daughters for example riding HUGE BIKES (she doesn’t understand I guess why I’m so into them) but I always counter attack her thoughts by getting my father’s support and he always have to give politically correct answers so that both of us doesn’t get hurt and many more but at the end of the day I love her with all my heart. The thing I missed the most about her when we are apart is that she knows what my likes and dislikes in life, in general without having to agree on them.
You know how most people say that, ‘My mom is like a friend, we can talk about anything under the sun’, well I would like to say my mom is my mom. She doesn’t have to be a friend for me to tell things, she is THE only one who has the privilege to be called Mama by me so why would I want another friend when I have enough of them. When I pray, regardless of how many sins I’ve committed and many more to come I never pray for my happiness, success or whatsoever but I always pray that for my mom(and dad, obviously! He’s my favourite person in this world, not even mom can beat that. hehe.) to be happy for the rest of their life, because they are only content when we kids doing fine in our life so if they are happy means everything is great in our life. Get it? It’s my way of being selfless in a selfish way *evil grin;)*
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan


No comments:
Post a Comment