Monday, April 4, 2011

Contest addiction.



*The most recent contest I won; 'Who are JJ & Ean talking to' by Hitz.fm.


You know, there are types of addiction where we don't need to seek for shrink's advice but still be sane? And I'm proud I'm suffered from 1 of them, which is addiction in joining contest. I was 13 if I could really recall the first time I’ve pick up the phone and call a radio station to win stuff, and I was disappointed with the fact that I wasn't old enough! They asked me,'Do your parents know you're joining this?' Seriously? Come on, you know how much have I missed thanks to the age requirement? That was the time I wish 'Owh 18 please be here fast!' and boy how I regret that wish now I tell you. Now, I don't care if I have to stuck at the age 13 forever! Ok get back to what I was saying, joining live contest TV/Radio give you some sort of adrenalin rush compare to nowdays' method where most companies opt to run contests through sms. For me there's no fun when you just sit there, waiting for questions to be sent in your inbox, you answered them (like hundred of them, its all about the MONEY baby!) and waiting for the results whether you win it or not. I like the ‘traditional’ way, see the ad about latest contest running, get the form, collect the things that they want(eg: code bar, the packet, etc), make a slogan, post to them as many as you possibly can and waited for months before the results came out. That's the real rush; I know it sounds wasting of time but that’s my take on satisfaction. So people, please don't do it if you think that way (I really hope you guys won't be interested in joining though as I can't afford more competition as if now it’s so easy to win or even get through the phone line).


Through all these years, my family and friends have been a big part in most contests I’ve joined whether as supporters or part of the contest itself when I need them. They really are until today, they know how I work and sometimes it can be a little irritating with the calling, (when I’m the redial mode I can keep dialling for hundreds of time and will be completely ignoring the people around me until I know the time is up then only I stop), the collecting things, etc but they just play along with it happily. The first ever prize I've ever won is this striking orange Swatch from F&N, I still have it as I’m a huge watch collector. It was the first time they run such contest where we need to collect the labels during festivals and send to them as many as we can, the sweetest part of that is I can remember how supportive was my late grandmother. She helped me collect the labels and every week will pass it to me. Each contest whether I won them or not have memorable stories attached to it, and so far I'm blessed with so many things that I have won. I’m thrilled that now I start giving tips to friends on how hey can win stuff too; did you know there are actually tricks behind my successful calls or winning? Yes, you won’t believe me until you try yourself. Actually you have to know when is the exact time to call in (not necessarily when they say wait for the cue to call before calling, they just bluffing to avoid too many calls at the same time!) and what each beep tones stands for when you call a radio station and etc. Better save some tricks for myself, hey I need to be selfish ok. They say I'm lucky but hey you can be 1 of the lucky people too if you have the same passion as me. Just try your luck ok, who knows what might come your way.



Its all about the MONEY, sometimes ;)

No comments: