Wednesday, October 13, 2010

'Euwwwww please lah!'

Until being told I didn’t realised[in denial] that I used ‘euwww please lah’ quite often in my daily life, but most of the time I used it when the girls, all whom of course such a sweetheart in their own way trying to be a match maker. Seriously I tell you, if they even have second thought or have doubts in continue their studies to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc they can anytime open a match making company and making millions out of it. They live, breathe and play the role as cupid to the T. Blame the influence in Hindi or Tamil movies, thanks to the marriage pundits now even the girls bring the chart of compatibility of behaviour and things that both of you like if not zodiac signs[extreme no? That's what the Tok Sami are doing]. They just being nice, no one can deny their sincere intention. Although they never do it seriously but when suddenly if their guys friend added you at FB, or send message or something you know something is wrong somewhere. And the turning point is when they say, ‘he’s my good friend, very nice you know, love this like you, act like that, vagera vagera.[etc etc] Sounds like a perfect match for you’. Yup this is when I give that look and say..........clever! Euwww, pleaselah!

Sometimes you being treated as if you are 57 years old, living as a spinster with 17 cats in your apartment. And I would like to make a counter statement that I have nothing against mamak guys ok, I’m proud to be half of that blood so no need to make assumption I don’t like them just because my eyes are only for Ranbir now. When the method of telling them in the nicest way won’t work, like text message, face to face although I try to put it in a humorous way, try to tell them at straight at their wall[FB wall that is,the so IN thing these days people!]. Believe me most of the time it works, although not long but until they find another ‘suitable candidate’ you’ll have time to chill and breathe before all this process start all over again. The only reason that makes me smile behind all of this drama is that I know they worry, love me, and actually give a thought or two about my life. Owh I feel loved because they just want me to be happy like they are. But for now thanks, but no thanks.



All the greatest love stories are between strangers.-Anjaana Anjaani-

2 comments:

radin fadli said...

all great love stories comes from two stranger, i like that hehee

Anonymous said...

it's a line from a movie i recently watched ya,not mine.


cheda