I used to think marriage and love are overrated by society. Obviously I can’t say that out loud though unless I want to get a backlash from my traditional happily married parents or from the religious point of view itself which affirmed that ‘half of your religion is complete once you get married’.
Sincerely I was afraid being me I won’t survive a relationship left alone a marriage, I don’t want to be the 1st in my family to go through divorce although they say there’s always first time for everything but please not this one. Undeniably the freaking out is for my lack of a lots of ladies’ expertise like cooking, motherly attitude, etc but I personally think love itself is overrated. There’s no such thing as love unconditionally as we love someone for some conditions attached to it.
I was 15 when I read something that I couldn’t agree more, quote from Shahrukh’s interview; “If you feel you don’t love anymore the person you married for love, there’s something wrong with you not that person”, this was asked as many superstars alongside him faced divorces or caught red-handed that year. It’s true, so I’m keeping my love for the person who deserved it. Until that time arrived my ‘I love you’ is not going to be wasted for any guy. Sometimes we fall for person that we think we can compromise for own benefit, sometimes for the wrong person who we care so much but they keep lying to us, sometimes we fall for the person that take us only as buddy and yes it hurts. But we choose to keep smiling for everyone’s good.
In short love is overrated. Full stop. But then again we can’t fight what have written for us by God, can we?
me, looking for true sincere love without lies:)


5 comments:
when we r in love,we have dreams,when love hurts it gives us pain,so dont bother about loving a guy
i have dreams all the time,don't need only when in love to have them.Its not when love hurts,but when loved ones' hurt it gives so many feeling apart from just pain.I would never bother about loving just a guy,i would love bunch of guys:)
when it comes, u will meet the right one. when u do, u will manage to go thru up & down,thick & thin. me > praying that u will find the right one A.S.A.P.
its ok if not asap,as long as if God thinks he's the best for me than other things doesn't matter.So times will tell.
ya Allah, temukan lah jodoh untuknya..
Post a Comment