Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's in the name?

When Shakespeare wrote ‘What’s in the name?’ for sure there’s incident or justified reasons behind it isn’t it? So that’s exactly my question, what’s in the name? Especially mine. (I don’t really bother with others’, why should I? hahaha)

Story 1: Wish I could ask people to stop asking me about my “unique” name when it comes to why is it the ‘NUR’ is placed at the last. No I’m not angry or what so ever but I wish I have the answer though, pardon me that I never really thought of sitting down and have a serious heart to heart talk with my parents of the story behind it. I love history but some things are beautiful to be left untold. Especially to those guys who know for a fact I won’t reply the messages and please improve your pick up line, it’s so lame and boring when you try to get girl’s hp number but praising her name and for the record please just keep your number.

Story 2: Why would she call my name for every class? It’s because only she has the most detectable instinct of me actually day dreaming rather than focusing to her lectures; or maybe she is the only one who really bothers. I’m not kidding but every classes and tutorials she keeps calling my name and the terrified and paranoid I am I would be ducking or hiding behind whoever sitting in front of me. Yes its hurt, try to sit in the same posture for an hour or more! Not the normal posture ok, the one we have to do when the person in front of us is actually smaller and way slimmer than we are. Ms.CK is the nicest person I 've known and that’s why I feel sorry (for myself) every time I’m not able to give the most sense reply. But I just realised that actually I kind a like the subject [this happened when there’s only 9 hours 30 minutes left before I sit for the paper last Friday] so second half of this semester I’ll try harder to surprise myself and also her in good way that is.

Story 3: Last week Ms.A asked me why my friends refer me as ‘Cheda’ but not ‘Saiyidah’ when she herself never called me using my real name instead; ‘Kajol’[no objection though, so flattering!] so during our lunch time the story continues and Pza recalled back our first meeting which is way back 4 years ago during our foundation time. In short, it reminds me of why I need a nickname. Most of the time when I introduced myself to new people “Hye, my name is Saiyidah” they will immediately start giving me this weird don’t-you-have-a-nickname-or-something-that-easy-for-us-to-pronounce? look and that’s why Cheda seems convenient for all. They told me that it took quite an effort to say the name so as I won’t compromise with other pronunciations or the other 2 names, Cheda it is. Plus my bff given me the nickname in 2003 so since then I’m loving it :)



My name is SIN and I am not a terrorist!

No comments: