Movie: I Hate Luv Storys
Date: 2nd July 2010
Cinema: TGV, Sunway Pyramid
Director: Punit Malhotra
Casts: Imran Khan and Sonam Kapoor.
At first when I got to know about how the title is spelled, I hate it how Bollywood turns into Hollywood titles wise much for its publicity stunt. But then its Karan Johar’s Dharma’s production people so it meant to be that way, even when I tried (really hard) not to have pre-conceive idea of what is the storyline all about I know for a fact it’s going to be a candy floss kind a movie with extravaganza sets when it comes to abroad shooting scenes and the naach-gaana where skimpy clothes are obviously preventable depicted. I love most of the songs, thanks to Vishal-Shekhar combo of hummable sweet and pop tunes. The story of how Jay who doesn’t believe in luv storys (for the sake of this movie) becomes foe then buddy to Simran who is a hardcore believer of luv storys, a perfect Raj, marriage, vagera vagera (ya, line from this movie.haha) then realised that he fall in luv with that girl and can’t live without her, TYPICAL? I guess you can envisage how it goes from there; yup it’s a happy ending story. One again I’ve been disappointed.
Manish Malhotra’s nephew managed to get his uncle’s touch in terms of enchanting wardrobe but for a debut director he doesn’t really bring anything new or delicious on the plate, yes it’s entertaining but it stops there. Imran and Sonam were moderately okay, their characters aren’t those where you need to have 2 months workshop in advance to get into the mindset of both role. Dragging in some of the scenes, pointless dialogues, lame jokes, repetition of so many songs, scenes, etc from KJo’s previous works like KKHH, RNBDJ, KHNH, etc. In short this movie is a carbon copy of numbers of scenes from KJo’s movies put into one for the duration of 2 hours+. Yet still it garnered crores in its opening week and in its way to become the highest grossing in Bollywood this year.
p/s: KJo built Imran's chocolate boy image and made him worked hard to get those abs but seriously it doesn’t have any effect on me at least as Imran should be Imran who is naturally geek, nerdy, good boy image compare to John’s.
Dictionary
Naach-gaana: Dancing-singing
Vagera: Etc
Crores: Millions




No comments:
Post a Comment