Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Reader

Date: 20th March 2009

Place & Time: TGV, One Utama, Damansara

Movie: The Reader


I never really write reviews publicly for movies other than the one which is Bollywood/Hindi based because that will be like hundreds as I watch a lot of movies despite of whatever its language is but this one probably is an exception because finally Kate Winslet won the Oscar for best actresses after several times nominations. I love her work, Ksya loves it, we all do actually but what takes the board so long to hand her the prestigious award. Since the 81st Oscar ceremony I’ve been waiting eagerly for this movie to be premiere in Malaysia essentially not because of the story or whatsoever but to at least watched 1 of Kinslet’s many brilliant work as I never had the opportunity to watch even the legendary Titanic movie maybe for the age factor I guess.


I should try harder in reading between the lines as I realized the significant fact about this movie quite late for an expert amateur movie buff I am, but better late than never right. It was set up in the background of early 1950s at Germany, it were lovely and nice to see scenery and play and moving to the 80s and 90s in the USA. It was a very beautifully crafted movie about the love between the kid, Mchael Berg(David Kross when he was young and Ralph Fieness for the grown up ) and the woman, Hanna Schmitz without being exaggerated or vulgar about it; they displayed the affection and love in a very explicable way and the title of this film was chosen not for nothing as it reveal very vital information in every scenes.


I love the whole thing from the way they flaunt their love for the person to the reading material where they bring in the aged and well-known poem like ‘The Odyssey by Homer’ and the book ‘The Lady with Little Dog’ by Anton Chekov.


The rough road Hanna took was a disheartening choice for me to except it even just as a viewer because I as the hardcore romantic always prefer happy ending but this movie had the most horrible way ending one could imagine. But who ever said that life is fair isn’t it? The happily ever after is just rubbish and didn’t not existed in the real world, so wake up and be realistic. But how Michael live his life made me sympathy for him as no lover should suffer like he does and most importantly no person should hate love because they had been hurt before. One who have experienced it knows how it feels but even so we should endeavor in giving love a second chance(an advice for my self as well).

Justify Full


Nevertheless if you don’t have an open mind, the possibilities of having the feeling of obnoxiousness towards the main characters are very high.


me,trying to be a better reader :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

suka melukis ek?

SIN *cheda* said...

huh?bile plak i ckp i suke melukis ni?muahaha,im the last person in the world nk lukis2 ni..:P

Anonymous said...

coz ur latest post 2 bnyk icon2..igtkan lukisan td..ke my pc din support font u..

SIN *cheda* said...

ermm really,not sure y..
i can only see 1 icon,plus im a kuno when it comes to this thing..hehe:p