Thursday, March 17, 2011

Desire

As students we know what we want, to become somebody and to get there we’ll do almost everything; suffers through killers exam, endure hundred hours of almost half of our life in schools, you name it we’ll do it (NOT NECESSARILY WHOLEHEARTEDLY) But the toughest part is reconciling the thing we want to be with all the other things that we want. The thing is, the most crucial part that we must remind ourself again and again before desiring something while living under our parents’ roof, getting allowance from them, eat what they buy and cook, shopping with their salary and others is that we don’t; I repeat we do not get the liberty to desire luxury things nor the freedom to make our own decision based on our choice. Not before we start working and knows all the hardwork needed and pain endured in preparing one decent meal for our loved ones. Given a chance I would live my life totally differently, seriously. I am not what I am today if not for my parents’ says, I would study different course, I would choose different career path, I would dress differently,etc. In between me and God there are parents, so I don’t get to desire things as much as I would to. The rebellious side of me don’t agree with atleast 80% of the decision my parents made for me but hey who am I to complain. Just suck it in.


Too often the things you want the most is the things you can’t have. Desires leave our hearts broken, desire can wrecked your life, but as tough as wanting something can be the people who suffers the most are those who don’t know what they want.


Desire to live a happy life forever :)


No comments: