If you are a truly movie buff, Stepmom is a must! I watched it AGAIN during our short holiday, it’s a classic at least in my library of movies, the effect it has on me is the same Kuch Kuch Hota Hai did since it came out in 1998 which is no matter how many times I’ve watched them I still cry and cry and cry. The story telling was very simple yet meaningful, each scenes are significant to its plot and full of morals, by doing so little the characters actually did so much.
When Susan Sarandon says, “You will never see my children again; never will I ever let you close to them. I’ll do anything to protect them even if it’s with my life”, you are ought to believed the line. That’s the power of a natural actor like her. Because of this kind of film I watch at a very tender age, I always have high respect for women who stand by their children no matter how tough life can treat them, no matter how bad their condition is when their spouses leave them and how hard they work to earn and to give their children everything that they could have and how firm their view when it comes to protecting their children. And that is why I admire mothers of Nard’s, Fika’s and Kad’s as they are example of strong women in real life that didn’t walk out of their children’s life although they started from zero! Value that kind of spirit and love. They fight till the end in taking care of their own blood, from nothing to something today despite of countless bad talks towards single mothers, as during that time no matter how right the women can be people still pointing fingers at them as back then divorced women is still a taboo topic in society at large especially Malays. Thanks to women eccentric movies as well, I have a mind of my own when it comes to deference women generally and mothers specifically. But I don’t totally despise the women which do not belong into this category, as whether with or without my revere they are still free to lead their life.
Julia Roberts played her part to the t as the soon to be stepmother, it’s fun to see someone who has everything on her side of career and life willing to let go all of that and trying to win the hearts of the children belong to whom he is seeing. And the kids were so adorable especially Liam Aiken as Ben, so cute how he says.”I can hate her if you want me to do so mom”, and Jena Malone played a 12 years old Anna very maturely as an early teen who’s going through a bad phase after her parents got divorced. Best part in this movie obviously is the song I posted below, totally love it and I can play it over and over again. To all the mothers who stand by their children through happy and sad times, this song is for you!
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Tarrell. Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no vally low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby
If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry
'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you
Remember the day
I set you free
I told you
You could always count on me
From that day on I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way,some how
'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you
No wind, no rain
My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double
As fast as I can
Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you
Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
To all fathers and mothers who deserved the ♥ enjoy Marvin Gaye&Tammi Tarrell's classic :)


No comments:
Post a Comment